VALUE: more for your dollar...
The average cost-per-square-foot to buy an existing home - that may need repairs or
renovations and will certainly need upgrades - was $233 in 2010 and $197 in 2009.
Compared to building your own CUSTOM NEW home in Mountain Arrow,
which is $237 - INCLUDING THE LOT.
The value is there on paper. You CAN build new rather than buy and renovate...
|2009||Age||Sq Ft||Land Acreage||Sale Price||Cost per Square Foot|
|House 5||51||3438||0.98||$935,000||$272||(Average: $197)|
|House 5||5||1642||0.33||$545,000||$332||(Average: $233)|
|MT ARROW||Brand New!||2938||0.71||$672,000||$237||(Average: $237)|
Benefits of Building New
Rather Than Buying An Existing Home
- You get EXACTLY what you really want.
- Opportunity to use green and low maintenance materials.
- Opportunity to use energy-efficient systems and materials.
- Spend less money building new than renovating old and trying to get what you want.
- Save on maintenance costs well into the future.
- Less chance of substantial unknown surprises with NEW construction vs older home renovations.
Benefits of Purchasing in Mountain Arrow
- Walking distance to the harbor, shops & restaurants, yet has a rural feel.
- Live in a luxury home community of attractive Shingle-Style homes.
- Protective covenants to help preserve property values.
- Underground power, cable, phone, public water & sewer.
- Village Green & park-like walking areas and borders Camden Hills State Park.